How to Make a Hard Decision
I had a hard decision I was facing. Here are the facts:
- I knew I was feeling a certain way.
- I had been feeling it for a while but it was manageable.
- The feeling started to grow in the past 2–3 weeks, much sooner than I was expecting to feel this way.
- I embraced the feeling, and talked to 3 important people in my life
1) A business coach I really admire and respect
2) My therapist
3) My best friend
After doing these 3 things, the decision was clear (I think it had already been clear, I was just scared in deciding “when” to make the decision).
By that third conversation, I took action.
I want to encourage you to think about 1) is there anything you’ve been “feeling” for a while that has lingered on for maybe too long? 2) How long are you willing to wait to consider and think it over before making a change or doing something about that feeling? At the very least, talk to a friend, a coach or a mentor — getting our thoughts out into the open helps immensely to move the needle forward.
That decision, by the way, was deciding when it was the right time for me to take the plunge full force, full time, into my company, WOKEN!
I’ve been building my company, WOKEN, since November 2017, but as of March 2021, I went fulltime into focusing on and growing this company into everything I know it can and will become.
Now that I did the hard and scary thing, the only thing I’m feeling is EXCITED. I can’t wait to see what’s next.
I took the plunge…..will you?
Learn more about WOKEN at iamwoken.com.